Fine Art School Portraits
In the fast-paced, one size fits all approach to school photography, Fine Art School Portraits bring the personalized boutique experience to schools and families in an efficient and affordable way. Pictures (yes, even school pictures) should be art, hung on the wall, and cherished for years to come.
Why You’ll Love Your School Portraits
As a mom and former teacher, I know every child is unique. Parents want pictures that show that individuality and what they love about their child right now at this stage of their life. Fine Art School Portraits are able to do just that by keeping the focus on the child without awkward poses, cheesy props, or busy backgrounds. In the relaxed setting, I interact with students which allows me to capture the shy grin, mischievous smirk, and joyful laugh.
What To Expect
I visit the school to determine their needs and find the best location for picture day. I prepare a PDF and/or printed flyer with important information including what to wear and how to order for distribution to families. Schools provide class rosters to help me prepare the individual password protected ordering galleries.
If using a backdrop, I need no more than 30 minutes to set up. A staff member or volunteer brings students in small groups to me, or in a
Following picture day, I select the best 2-5 poses of each child, do minor editing, and sort the photos into the individual galleries, and prepare full resolution downloads for the school’s use. Two weeks after picture day, families receive information on how to access their child’s gallery along with their unique passcode. Families are able to order products that fit anyone’s taste and budget: prints, canvas wraps, and digitals. Families have one week to place their order. Orders placed during this time receive a complimentary class photo. Less than two weeks after galleries close, all orders are delivered to the school.
There is no charge to the school to take their school photos. In fact, I give them 10% of my profits. If the school requests specific prints or items, I work to find the best deal for them.
Here is a sample price sheet for families. Items are competitively priced with big-box school photography companies.
Our school has booked Sparkson Photography for two years for our school photos and we are so happy with her work! Jennifer is friendly, professional, great with our students and provides amazing customer service. In the short time she is on campus she learns (and remembers) our
– Natalie V.
– Cheryl B.
How Schools Benefit
- Stay focused on what you do best: Teaching. I create, order, and organize all information for distribution to families. I communicate directly with families to answer all their questions and help place orders. My online ordering system means no money or orders for you collect or keep track of. The only thing I ask of schools is help in distributing information in a timely manner and one staff member or volunteer to assist me on picture day.
- Personalized Service The needs of every school vary, and I am happy to accommodate. I have taken pictures outside with natural backgrounds and light to spaces as small as a closet with a simple background and studio lights. I
offerretake day, sibling photos, staff photos, class photos, even parent and child photos. A service I love to offer to schools is photos of their students and teachers in action. These are perfect for websites, social media, and marketing. (Schools are responsible for securing permission from parents when photos are used in these ways.) Each school has different uses for their photographs. Let me know your needs, so I can work to meet (and exceed) them!
- It’s Free! That’s right. I do not charge schools for my time. Schools receive free full-resolution downloads of all the pictures for their own use. Staff members receive free full resolution downloads of their own photos. (If additional products are requested, I work to keep prices as low as possible.)
- Receive a Donation I donate 10% of my profits right back to you. It is a small way of thanking you for the tremendously important work you do every day.
My little guy is a tough nut to crack when it comes to pictures but Sparkson Photography took a lovely candid school photo of my boy. Also, the portraits are very professional and special.
My son usually gives a forced, squinty smile when having his picture taken. It was a joy to receive the pictures taken by Jennifer. His smile was genuine and looked just like the one we see all the time!
This school picture is the third time of my daughter. The other two times her face was upset and unhappy, so was I. But this time, my husband and I are so happy and I totally satisfied with Jennifer’s work!!!
She is so cute, pretty and adorable!!!
I couldn’t decide which images, so I just ordered digital files.
I wish I could use English really well then I could explain how is her job so awesome!!!
I want that Jennifer takes my son’s school picture, too.
Love the pictures taken for my kids’ school!
Jennifer does beautiful work! We had a really hard time narrowing down the best one that she took of my daughter – so many wonderful shots.
Jennifer is extremely talented. My family absolutely adores the photos we had taken of our son. We would definitely hire her again for a photo session!
Great pictures and great prices for them!
How Parents & Students Benefit
- See it before you buy it No more of those prepay envelopes and hope your child has a good day. Two weeks after picture day, parents will receive access to their own password protected online gallery. From here, parents are able to view 2-5 poses of their child in color and black and white options, and order from a variety of print, canvas, and digital options.
- Save time and money Parents can share their online gallery access with family and friends, eliminating the need to collect multiple orders on their own. Each order is individually packaged and delivered to the school so there are no shipping charges. Families with multiple children at the school are able to see all their children’s photos in one place and place one order.
- Customer Service When parents have questions, they are encouraged to call or e-mail directly. This gets answers quickly and accurately. Because I am a small business, they speak directly to the person in charge. I take great pride in ensuring every customer is happy with their pictures and service.
- Experience With a Master’s Degree in Elementary Education, over seven years in the classroom, three children of my own, and countless hours of babysitting, I am able to quickly connect with the wide range of student personalities. Treating each student as an individual allows them to relax and let their true personality shine. And that is what we want to capture and remember!
- Free Stuff Every order placed while the galleries are open receives a complimentary 5x7 class photo.
How to Book Your School
One Last Thing
I love taking pictures of students and teachers in action. Schools are full of activity, learning, and friends. Families love to see a “Day in the Life” of their students as they interact with their friends and teachers. Schools are able to use these photos in promotion of their school online and in print. Please let me know if you would like this service
On the Blog
When I contacted this Silverdale preschool about taking their school photos, they were grateful for the call! They had not offered school pictures before and were beginning to look for one. Meeting in person was the next step. Preparation I love...
Putting Students at Ease As a former teacher, I know how stressful school picture day can be especially if you are in middle school. You want to stand out from the crowd, but not too much, you also need to fit in. You haven’t really figured out who you are yet, much...
I am so excited to share pictures from a preschool I photographed in Bremerton! This school had problems with photographers in past, and it took up too much of their time. They took a chance on me though, and everyone is very pleased with the results! Preparation...
More Ways to Photograph Your Family & Kids